Friday, August 14, 2015

Family Reunions


Guys, I am so lame!  Like really, really lame.  Are you ready for this?  I had the most amazing, most busy, more crazy summer ever and I took literally thousands of photos and here it is a month after all of the awesomeness began and I haven't blogged any of it.  Oh my goodness, its like my worst nightmare.  All of these amazing memories and moments and none of it documented.  LAME!  But heres the worst part... I am not going to.  Ahhhhhh.  Im so busy and so behind and I am just going to do a recap and move on.  I know.  I am sorry.  It makes it worse that my amazing Sis-in-law blogged every great picture and every single day in great detail.  So, as I sit here contemplating just linking to her blog for all of this, lets just shed a tear and move on.  
After the 4th of July, we all drove up to McCall to stay in these amazing houses my sister rented for us and Autumn and Greyson's wedding week officially began. 

It was so much fun.  It was so wonderful being with all of my family again.  Holy crap do I miss them!  We spent our days just playing.  Horse back riding, hanging out at the lake, having picnics, eating crepes, sleeping and playing games and talking and laughing and just trying to make up for so much lost time. 

It really was so great.  I dont ever want to go that long without seeing my family again. 

Autumn and Greyson decided to get married on Friday.  The kids were to-die-for adorable.  Look at those giant bow ties!  Look at my niece's perfect face!  I cant handle these kids together. 

The girls getting ready :)  I love my sisters!  And my Mom! 

They wanted to get married outside by the pond in the backyard, but it was raining, so they decided to do in under the pavilion and it was perfect.  My brothers started things off by singing a song and it was so good. 

Nathan officiated and did so good. 

They are officially married!!! 


The night ended with banana splits and a dance party.  If you know us Merkley's, you know thats just how we roll. 

It was such an incredible week and I am so lucky that I have the family that I do.  And that my siblings have married people who Im obsessed with! 

After McCall, we got home and tried to get things back in order after being gone so long.  
And then before we knew it, Brads parents were coming up to stay with us.  They told us that they would take the kids if we wanted to go away for the weekend to celebrate our 8 year Anniversary, so we took advantage of that.  The kids were so excited to see them, they were practically pushing us out the door.  We went to Reno and had a nice dinner and went to a movie and then Brad decided it would be more fun to get super sick with BPPV then to enjoy the rest of the weekend.  So we came home early and spent the rest of the weekend with Brad in bed.  
But we still had fun spending time with G&G Robison and I read Brad almost an entire book in one day.  Memorable for sure ;) 

After G&G left, Scott & Emily and their babies showed up and stayed with us.  It was great.  I love their kiddos so much and I am pretty sure Emily and I are destined to go into business together one day. 

After a couple days with them we all headed to Carson City for the Robison Reunion. 

The first day we went out to Lake Tahoe, my favorite place in the world.  
Don't you just love those faces?! 

Almost all of their 18 grandchildren.  Just missing one. 

We spent the day just playing on the beach.  We watched the kids play in the sand and we had lunch.  A perfect day. 

4 boys born within 4 months of each other 

It was so great seeing them interact with each other 

The next day we drove up to Virginia City.  I love Virginia City!  We walked around and looked at shops, bought 70 pounds of saltwater taffy, rode the train and had some lunch. 

Then all of us girls split to Reno and left the boys to take care of the kids and make dinner.  The ladies went and had a spa day and it was just the best thing ever!!!!!  We did facials and massages and scalp treatments and sat around in our robes in a pretty lounge drinking sparkling juice and chatting.  Then we ended the day by going to get cheesecake.  It was awesome.  I think we need to do this every year!  I love all of these ladies so much!!
Then we all had to say goodbye and head home.  I just couldnt ask for better inlaws.  They are the best! 

No comments:

Post a Comment