Wednesday, May 7, 2014

Doctor Robison


The last month has been intense.  Brad has been studying like a mad-man.  Day and night, rain or shine, head buried in books and notes and practice tests.  I helped him study and quizzed him as much as I could, but seriously, a person can only do so much.  Well, most people.  Brad is not most people.  The man was a rock.

A couple days before it was time to take the board exam, you could see the stress and the pressure start to set in.  He just said, 'I've been going to school my entire life... for 23 years... and it all comes down to this one test.'  The night before he read over his notes until he couldnt read anymore.  His Dad gave him a beautiful blessing, we all told him that we were proud of him and that he was going to be great, and we turned in for a sleepless night.

He tossed and turned and finally just got up at about 3am and I found him out in his chair studying again.  I went back to bed.  He came and woke me up at 5:30 before he left and he was smiling.  I asked him how he was and he just said, 'I know everything!  Im ready!'  And with that I sent him on his way.

Then after about a week of waiting and worrying, last night when he got home, he came and knelt by my side of the bed where I was reading and he told me that he had just found out that he passed the board exam.  HE PASSED!!!!  Seeing the look on his face in that moment was one of the greatest things ever!!!  One of my top 5 favorite Brad moments!!!  And seeing him so relieved and sleep so soundly and so worry-free... it was just amazing!!!

I could go on and on and on.... but I'll save that for another post ;)  I am so proud of him!!!!  I love him and I think its amazing that after years of wishing and dreaming and working and sacrificing, Brad is officially a Doctor of Physical Therapy!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment