Wednesday, August 13, 2014

Brad's 29th Birthday

When I asked Brad what he wanted for his birthday, he told me that he wanted to surprise me.  Kinda backwards, I know, but he talked me into it ;)  So on the Saturday before his birthday we piled in the car after making the boys chocolate-chip pancakes for the first time and started driving.  I had no idea where we were going and Brad was thoroughly enjoying pretending to exit at weird places to confuse me.
Eventually we landed in Truckee, CA.  We've been wanting to go see it for a while.
It was super cute.  Way too crowded, but awesome.  I love all the old buildings and mountains.  Just beautiful.
There is some famous diner there called Jax that we ate at.  It was really pretty good.
After lunch we decided to drive to one of our favorite places in the whole entire world!!!  Lake Tahoe!!!  We thought since we were already on the California side, we may as well drive around the whole entire lake so we could see the whole thing.  Kal got a little car-sick and threw up, but we cleaned him up and he fell asleep and he was fine, thank heavens.
We drove by this gorgeous house right on the lake that I think we will just have to buy, because we love it so much.  Its probably only like a million dollars...
And there it is
Just so beautiful
We didn't want to leave
So we found a beach that wasn't too crowded and decided to stop for a little bit
Almost 6 months along photo :)
Cant handle that face
Or that one
Clark loved the water, but Kalvin was more excited about the rocks and the seagulls
And the sand
This guy is my favorite and I love that for HIS birthday he wanted to do something to surprise his family.  He is so wonderful!!
We had such a good day, eating and driving and playing Power Rangers in the waves at the lake.
Sweet babies :)
We left as it started to rain and then stopped in Reno for some groceries and Wendy's, cause we were starving.  Okay, I was starving.  This baby is making me ravenous every moment of the day.  The boys were soaked from playing in the water, so we stripped them down to their undies and diaper and wrapped them in blankets.. and then of course Clark had to pee.  So we just put my jacket on him to take him in to the bathroom and he looked like E.T. hahaha
Happy Birthday to the love of my life!!!!  I never thought that happiness could be so easy, but with Brad, it really is.  There is not a single day I haven't laughed since I met him and I am so lucky I have him.  

2 comments: