Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Falling Inlove

The first time I fell inlove was on my 11th Birthday.  I was in my 4th year of taking dance lessons from Corinne's Creative Dance Company.  I remember wanting to start taking lessons when I was 6, because my dance teacher, Corinne was the coolest person I had ever seen.  She had crimped hair and was wearing cut-off jeans with tights under them.  I wanted to be her!  haha  Once I started taking lessons, I really enjoyed it a lot.  It was so fun and I loved all the girls in my class.  I loved performing!  Getting all dressed up and going out on stage and the flowers and ice cream afterwards.  What little girl wouldnt love that?  But when I was 11, the way I felt about dancing changed.  My wonderful dance teacher set up a day for my class to go spend a whole day of dancing at UNLV.  That day landed on my Birthday, which I loved.  We got to take some classes from the director of the program.  I think her name was Kathy Allen.  At the end of the day, we got to go to one of UNLV's dance recitals.  I dont remember tons about the performance.. except one dance.  It was a solo contemporary piece.  The dancer was wearing a red dress.  I cant remember the music or even the actual movement.  But I remember my feelings during the piece so vividly.  It was the most amazing thing I had ever seen in my life.  I didnt even know it was possible to move that way.  I remember I was sitting by Corinne.  I remember the feel of the seats.  And I remember knowing that dance was all I would ever want to do for the rest of my life.  I wanted to dance just like that dancer in the red dress.  haha  And I tried.  I danced everyday.  I never got as good as that dancer.  Maybe because in my mind she was absolutely flawless. 
The Second time I fell inlove it was completely unexpected!  Like, the very last thing I was thinking about at the time.  I had been living in Salt Lake and loving it, but went through a falling out with some close friends and a not-so-fun break-up in the summer of 2006.  I kept getting this nagging feeling that I needed to move home.  I did not want to leave Salt Lake even a tiny bit, but I prayed and knew, for some reason, I needed to go home.  I had no idea why.  People kept asking me, "what are you going to do in Logandale?"  I didn't have an answer for any of them.  haha  But I did it.  When I was trying to figure out my next move, I was talking to my mom and asked her, "why did I come back here?"  She answered, all-knowingly, "I think you came back to get married."  I laughed pretty hard at that one.  I told my mom she was crazy and that I had sworn off dating.  Little did I know my mom is smart and sorta creepy when in comes to her intuition. 
A few weeks later, my parents got a call from an adoption agency in Ukraine telling them to get on a plane and come adopt them a child.  (a call they had been waiting for for years)  So before I knew it, my parents were in Europe and me and my two sisters and two of my brothers were incharge of the house for a month or two.  My brother Nathan made me start going to the Singles Ward with him.  And one night, after branch prayer, I saw Brad.  I had known who he was from high school, but I think we had only talked maybe three or four times before.  I went over and said hi to him.  (or in Brad's words, I jumped out of a moving car, tucked and rolled and ran across the parking lot to say hi to him)  I found out that Brad had just got home from serving a mission in Mexico and was gonna be in town until he started school at UNLV in a couple months.  That next weekend, I got a call from him asking me out on a date.  We went to Mesquite with some of his friends and their dates.  We ate at Los Lupas and Brad and his best friend, Brady were trying to get me to say something to the waitor in spanish.  I did not.  I knew even then those two boys together were up to no good.  We went to a movie after.  It was a pretty normal date.  I had fun and Brad was SO easy to talk to.  The second date was just me and Brad.  It was even more fun and exciting.  He took me bowling and out for ice cream. (at the end of the date when we were saying goodnight, I was getting out of the car and said, "thanks. that was fun."  Brad then says, "Yeah, it was.  Im really glad you could do it, since the other girl canceled."  haha  Just as I was closing the car door.  I had no idea if he was joking or not.  He of course was joking and still to this day he thinks that story is so funny. )  Up to this point I was thinking that Brad was just a friend.  Someone to kill time with, especially since plans were in the works to start dance school at SUU in January.  But the third date changed it all.  Man was my mom right!  On our drive home, Brad held my hand for the first time and it was like being hit by a lightening bolt.  I knew I was done for.   
We were together every chance we got after that date.  Its still crazy to me how fast it all happened.  Falling inlove with Brad was SO MUCH FUN!  He was so spontanious and random.  I never knew what he was gonna do or say. (still dont)  He always kept me on my toes, just wondering what was gonna happen next.  I couldnt stop talking to him and laughing with him.  Our record for talking on the phone is nine hours!  He was so comfortable with who he was and what he had to offer me, that I just couldnt help but fall inlove with him.  I had been use to dating these city boys who take you out and spend tons of money on dinner, like that was the important part of a date, and were just as boring as sin.  That wasnt Brad's style.  Brad's dates were more like shooting pumkins with a shot gun from on top of a rusty old windmill out in the middle of no where.  Super random and so fun.  Being inlove with him was so easy and still is.  No drama.  No games.  No worries.  Just easy, fun love.  The best kind!!  And as most people know, My second love trumped my first love.. by like.. a lot!!!
The Third time I fell inlove, I saw it coming ;)  I have never really believed in "love at first sight".  Ive always felt like you could have "chemistry at first sight", but not love.  On January 24th 2009 I was proved wrong!  Clark was the tiniest little thing I had ever seen.  I just kept thinking, "how is something so tiny even alive?"  Oh my gosh did I love that tiny baby!  Brad use to call me "mama bear" because of how protective I was for the first few months.  haha 
And as he chubbed up, I fell even more inlove with him and his chubby little cheeks and fingers.
He is just as random and funny as his daddy.  I have two boys constantly teasing me and sonstantly making me laugh!
The Fourth time I fell inlove, it was with this face.  All through my pregnancy I would try to picture having another baby and I would just picture Clark.  Like just another little Clark.  But when Kalvin was born, the very first thing I thought when I saw him, was "thats not Clark!"  haha 
He's not Clark but he is crazy.  And Im crazy inlove with him!  He is the most aggressive little baby.  Its like living with an unrestrained lion.  He just comes at you with his mouth wide open, screaming and ready to bite.  The more I get to know these two little monsters, the more I love them.
I have realized in my very short life that a truly blessed life, is one where you get to fall inlove over and over and over again!!!!!

4 comments:

  1. Umm... I really, really, really loved this.

    And I still love that story of Brad talking about the other girl canceling hahahaha.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This was so fun to read! You have such a cute family! :)

    ReplyDelete