Wednesday, November 13, 2013

Veteran's Day

I was a little bit sad when I woke up Veteran's Day morning.  Brad had to work, so I was bummed out that he didn't get to spend the day with us and then Kalvin woke up coughing and crying and all sorts of sick.  I laid in bed with him for about 30 minutes and then I heard Emily and Travis upstairs.  Clark had spent the night over at their house with Kate.  (he is officially too young for sleepovers.  He ended up sleeping in bed with Emily, cause he was scared).  Kalvin and I made our way upstairs to find Travis making Belgian waffles. If anything can put me in a good mood, its waffles.

After breakfast everyone bundled up and we walked down to Main street for the Veteran's Day parade.
There was a whole lot of waiting around.  Always way too early ;)
But the kids were pretty happy to be running around the street and playing
Then it finally started!!
They did a really good job this year, I thought.  It was way longer than last year.  Lots more participants. 
We got to see Addie dance
And the kids got insane amounts of candy thrown at them
At one point Kalvin was eating 3 lollipops at the same time
I texted Brad a pc of the giant dump truck, cause that's his favorite part of the parade every year.
After the parade we went back home and Grandpa started a little fire out back and everyone roasted hot dogs and sat outside and visited with neighbors and family.
That was about as exciting as it got.  The rest of the day was spent taking care of my little sick baby. 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment