Friday, December 12, 2014

29


My 29th Birthday was a good one.  I honestly had completely forgotten about it.  Like completely.  A couple days before, Brad asked me if I was ready for Sunday and I had no idea what he was talking about.  I panicked briefly, thinking maybe I was suppose to be speaking or teaching or something and just forgot.  
So the night before, Brad set up camp in the livingroom with Jonas and sent me to bed to sleep all night.  It rocked!  I think that they had a fun guys night watching The Expendables.  
I woke up feeling so rested and found my boys still sound asleep and a copy of my very most favorite painting by Michael Sowa, framed with a bow, sitting on a chair :)  We weren't suppose to do gifts, since we bought the house, but Brad couldn't stick to that, I guess.  And I can't believe he remembered which one of the Sowa paintings was my favorite!  He is so sweet!  And like the best at buying gifts.

The whole day was perfect.  We did nothing but sleep and eat and have family time.  Brad made me lasagna and we took a family picture and went to bed early.  It was really wonderful!

I can't believe that this is my last year in my 20's.  Such a weird thought.  But I try to remember that growing old is a blessing and one not granted to everyone, so I don't mind getting old.  Most days.

No comments:

Post a Comment