Friday, December 12, 2014

Our First Week


The first week after having a baby is just so amazing and weird.  haha  I was so happy that Brad was able to take a couple of days off of work and just be home.  We've never had that before, cause with the other two boys, he was in school and was back in class the very next day.  

We just spent the days laying around snuggling our new buddy and loving every minute of it. 

I can't handle it when Brad holds him!  It makes my heart melt everytime. 

The week was so relaxing and wonderful and Brads Mom is 100 % the reason for that!  I really cannot even begin to explain how amazing it was having Brads parents with us.  They did SO MUCH!!  Not only was it great having them there just because we have missed them so much and because it was such a relief to know that the boys were happy and taken care of through everything, but they just did so much.  They raked leaves, pulled weeds, and swept off the patio, sanded down the doors that stick in the hallway, went grocery shopping, made us amazing meals everyday, cleaned the entire house, unpacked boxes, even did some electrical work that needed to be done.  They took the baby when I needed to eat or shower or sleep.  I could go on and on and on.  Our first morning back home, I may have cried when I opened up my dresser drawer to find all clean clothes, folded and put away.  I love my inlaws so much and if I ever have another baby again, I can tell you right now, I will not be doing it without them.  They made everything so much easier and so much better and I just love them.  We will never be able to thank them enough! 

Jonas loves to be held.  I know all babies do, but this kid, especially the first few weeks, refused to sleep unless he was being held.  I must say, it didnt bother me too much this first week. 

He loves to nurse!  My other boys were more take-it-or-leave-it, but Jonas seems to prefer it to a bottle.  He takes a bottle just fine, but loves to nurse.  And I have always had some hormonal problems when it comes to breastfeeding.  Especially with Kalvin.  All that wonderful post-pardom, baby blues, mommy anxiety that I never had a problem with would always hit me like a freight train the moment the baby would latch, so it was always really, really hard to keep up on the breastfeeding.  But so far, this time around has been great.  He loves it, I am fine with it, I am producing more than I ever have before, so its really good. 

And I had horrible afterbirth pains.  I have never talked to anyone outside of my family who gets these, so it makes me feel like a crazy person, but I get a lot of cramping and contractions after I have the baby.  It sucks bad.  And I don't know what it is, but I swear this time around, holding the baby would make them not be as bad.  It was probably just because holding him makes me happy and reminds me that the pain is worth having him, so I can deal with it better, but I am telling you, it worked for me.

Brad gave me this beautiful bouquet of flowers a couple days after Jonas was born and I love them!  He always has a hard time buying flowers, because to him it seems like a dumb gift, because it only lasts like a week or two and then its gone, so he prefers to do other gifts.  More practical gifts. So whenever he buys me flowers, its a big deal.  haha  It just goes against his grain, but he knows that I love it, so when he buys them for me, I know that its purely because he loves me.  He keeps telling me how proud he is of me and I love it :)  Truth be told, there is no way that I would have been able to get through any of it without him.  He saved me every awful day of my pregnancy and he saved me when I was sure I couldn't have this baby naturally.  And he definately saves me every moment I am exhausted by having 3 beautiful, but crazy boys.

No comments:

Post a Comment